Our BV treatments are available in a gel and pessary format. Both are equally as effective and are easy to use formats. Balance Activ has been shown to be as effective as antibiotics in relieving symptoms of BV. It contains lactic acid and glycogen, working with your body to promote the growth of good bacteria and restore the natural vaginal pH balance.
The gel and pessary are sold in packs of 7 one-a-day doses – a week’s treatment.
How our products work:
- Drug-free: A 100% natural formula that mirrors the vagina’s own defence mechanism to treat and relieve BV.
- Reliable: The UK’s number 1 BV treatment1, clinically proven to work, for a dependable natural alternative.
- Effective: Replenishes the body’s natural lactic acid to restore the vagina’s normal pH, rapidly relieving symptoms.
- Balance: Tops up glycogen to encourage good bacteria and maintain pH balance to keep BV at bay.
Convenient: For easy and hygienic application.
Easy-to-use, mess free and shaped for comfort.
If you notice recurrences around the time of your period you can use Balance Activ for a couple of days to help maintain your body’s natural balance. In addition, you can use one pessary every third day for three months to maintain the natural pH balance in your vagina, or one pessary daily at the end of a course of antibiotics for four to five days.
How to Use
It is most convenient to use both gel & pessary formats at bedtime, when lying down in a comfortable position. This helps them stay in place and can reduce leakage, although you may choose to wear a panty liner.
- To use vaginal Pessaries, wash hands and remove a single pessary from the foil wrapping.
- Sit or lie down with knees bent and legs apart. Gently insert the pessary into the vagina as far as is comfortably possible using your fingers.
- Wash hands again. Remember, the pessary should not be divided as it is intended for single use.
- Twist off the cap and insert the whole of the neck of the tube into the vagina, and squeeze out the contents.
- Remove the tube whilst continuing to squeeze, and discard.
- There may be a slight leakage, so it may be helpful to wear a panty liner. If this occurs, rest assured the product is still working effectively.